Facebook Code

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Storage Tips


Keeping chillis fresh for a much longer time.

Everyone knows we cannot buy just two or three pieces of chilli padi from the market or supermarket for that matter. Keeping chillis fresh has been a great challenge until recently.

My Tip :  

Use a piece of tissue paper and wrap your chilli padi in it.  Place them in a Tupperware Square Round and put it in the fridge.  Each time you take out the chilli padi from the fridge for use, the rest will be exposed to moisture; remove the tissue paper and wrap the chilli padi in a new piece of tissue paper and put them back in the Tupperware container and then put it back in the fridge.    Do not wash the chilli padi at any point till ready to use.

Keeping spinach fresh for a longer time. 

I love making spinach soup but unfortunately do not have the luxury of being able to go to the market or supermarket daily.  I will normally buy my vegetables once or twice a week.  

My Tip:

Pluck the leaves from the stem and break the stem into smaller pieces (the size you normally break them into).  Put the spinach loosely into a Tupperware Freezermate and put it in the fridge.  This way the spinach can last a couple more days than if you just put them wrapped in newspapers in the fridge.

I hope Tupperware fans find my tips useful.  If you do, would appreciate if you could leave a comment on my blog and I will try to share more tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment